Old 02-24-2012, 07:07 AM
  # 494 (permalink)  
Thrifty

Just one more thing....I have been thinking about something that I wanted to share.... There were some previous posts about seeing beast talk all over the place. I am a member on another board for quitting or reducing drinking and I haven't really been on it much for the last 2 months. Today I went back to it just to see what was going on and I recognized beast talk in almost every single post.

A common dilemma seems to be, "something just comes over me at 5 pm and it's like I get taken over and I succumb to drinking. I don't know what it is, it's like one minute I'm ok, the next minute Im all alcohol thinking". People in general seem to be aware that something takes over and that there are voices in their head telling them to drink. They are just not aware that this thing that takes over and this voice talking to them is not them. They think it's them, and that's what causes them to think they have to obey. .... I know, a lot of pronouns, but I hope I'm getting my point across. Just recognizing and separating is a huge thing that most people not familiar with AVRT just aren't aware of.