Old 02-24-2012, 06:39 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  
Thrifty

Iamabsitnent and TU, it is so interesting how clever the beast is. But the more I practice AVRT the more I recognize it every time. As you pointed out, It is very clever at arguing both sides of the argument. For example, several years ago when I was anticipating results from a blood test hoping my liver function would be ok. I thought that if it was a bad result the only way to cope with the news would be to have a drink (beast talk). As it turned out the tests came out fine so I thought... "I haven't done any damage yet doing what I've been doing so I'll just celebrate the good news with continued drinking" (beast talk as well). Two sides of the argument and two totally opposite feelings, being scared on the one hand and happy and relieved on the other. The beast uses any argument and any feeling as an excuse to drink.

Years ago I would never have thought that there was another entity that was driven to survive inside of me talking me into this rationale. I would have just thought it was me and that's the way I am. It's so freeing to be able to separate and recognize.