Old 02-22-2012, 12:40 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Ken12

Originally Posted by KelleyF View Post
I know, sometimes love just hurts. Plain and simple

Did she go completely no contact?

You know was wondering; since you said she was a recovering addict (7 yrs)
Did you go into the relationship worrying about the possibility that she might relapse? ( and I'm not saying her actions have Anything/ to do with relapse; most likely they don't) - but I was just curious about how that played in your mind when you found out; and throughout your relationship

My BF had barely been clean for 2 months when I met him.
It's been almost a year now for us; and he has relapsed once.
But going into the relationship - I had never been around drugs or addiction, so I didn't really give it much thought; crazy I know .

I gave it alot of thought when I first met her and she told me everything I admit I backed off, but after a coupla weeks I called her again and we started facebooking and I asked her out. When I got to know her I could tell that she was clean and wanted to stay that way, she is a counselor and I knew she was serious about it. I never let it bother me again, and I know she hasn't relapsed again.

We have talked since and she has come over to visit and told me she loves me hugged and kissed me when she left, was being herself again, she even came over the next morning and I cooked her breakfast. She texted me more time in those two days than she had in awhile. She had to come over and get her daughters backpack and she was cold again, left with a half kiss and half hug and the dreaded pat on the back, but later that night she sent me text telling me shes thinking about me. I sent one back telling her I love her and I pray things work out between us, and I haven't heard from her since, that was Monday night.