View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 08:07 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
sugarbear1
~sb

There's a lot of information on the internet. Also speak totally honestly with your doctor.

You may have had insomnia issues, drank for a solution, (two drinks a day is the moderate number for males)....the problem is alcohol interrupts normal sleep, take it away and sleep will be erratic for a while before it evens out.

Unfortunately, you are stopping your sleep medication from working correctly by drinking with it. Dishonesty with doctors is what people do when they self-medicate. What's Dr. House say? "Everybody lies." Yeah, get over that one and be honest with your doctor. Start with this for your health.

You are at a recovery site. You are questioning your own behavior. You are the only one who can say if there is a problem or not. What are you NOT saying in your original post? There's usually more to every story, including minimizing our own behavior. Again, start with your doctor who prescribes your medication. If they tell you that there isn't a problem, I suggest another doctor's opinion; the first one may be getting paid to hand out meds. Alcoholism deals with the person, first. It was my solution for many years.

General advice, not medical. See Doc soon!

I wish you well!!