View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012, 08:28 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
lesliej

right on DeVon! I've worked really hard too, and have stayed sober for six years, went to and finished grad school, went through a verrrry difficult but verrrrry fulfilling process of reuniting with my birthdaughter, started and maintain my own business plus work 20 hrs a week elsewhere, I own my house and have my friends and work a program...and I work more than one program!!

is it just by the grace of god? sometimes I feel like I am not using the principles of the program when I get angry, or feel betrayed, or want to blame and point out the holes in his defense against the next crack hit. there but for the grace of god go I...

but there is a lot of really hard work...and it is so worth it. but you have to work it. plain and simple. maybe one drug is harder than another, maybe some abuse is worse than other, maybe some families of origin are more severe, maybe dual diagnosis is a crippling aspect. maybe I just have been lucky. maybe I experience grace. maybe I just say please and thank you more.

I am thankful for my recovery.
thank you all for providing connection to help it grow.