Old 02-18-2012, 09:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Shining~Again

Originally Posted by lonelysad239 View Post
i finally picked up and had the courage to end the relationship with tears and all. I told him maybe there can be a future for us if he is clean and his actions speak louder than words. Everything was fine in that conversation, he said he will do everything and anything to stay clean to not lose me and we will be together one day. After that conversation, didn't hear from him for a few days. I feel so hurt and upset, I feel guilty for breaking up with him during his biggest struggles, but I know I did the right thing. I feel guilty for leaving him, I feel bad for abandoning him. If it was me, I know he wouldn't have left me. I wish he can call me and I can at least hear his voice and hear how hes doing.. I don't understand why he stopped calling? I told him Id be there for him as a friend.. Im so hurt, my feelings have taken over my entire body and soul..

Please provide some insight, I need it very bad
If nothing else happened after that conversation, is it at all possible he's taking a bit of time to get things together?
Maybe he's sick as hell from detoxing? That's the first thing I'd think about.

You told him you would be there as a friend. Why not call him and ask how he is?

As far as feeling guilty for abandoning him...I'd gently suggest not to get pulled in by that thought. It really doesn't sound like you did that at all.
Actually, I'd say it sounds like you've done the opposite.