Old 02-18-2012, 04:06 AM
  # 471 (permalink)  
Terminally Unique

Location:   « USA »                       Recovered with AVRT  (Rational Recovery)  ___________
Originally Posted by GerandTwine View Post
By my present understanding of recovery, being IN recovery makes no sense except to my AV. But I certainly was IN addiction - of 2 minds about quitting, and for too long a time. Even though I didn't "relapse", my addiction continued...
Yes, the Beast certainly loves being 'in' recovery, but never actually recovering, leaving the door wide open for the possibility of future drinking/using.

Originally Posted by GerandTwine View Post
(The Big Plan) is followed by some strong emotions; an awesome awareness of love, eternity, and mortality; and then feelings like the butterfly on the cover of RR:TNC might have if it had a human brain.
The butterfly image on the cover of the book is an apt metaphor for AVRT-based recovery. The butterfly is doing the impossible by flying away and lifting the heavy metal chain that is tying it down. Likewise, in today's society, permanent recovery from addiction is seemingly impossible. With AVRT, we know better, of course.