View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012, 03:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
NikNox

Can anyone explain this .... ?

Hi folks,

Just thought I'd post an update, plus mention something that happened which is far from my comprehension!!

For the most part, SD is doing okay. The Al-Anon meeting really helped her in accepting that she cannot control her mother's behaviour, nor help her and that it's okay for her to hate the disease. She's also been having daily chats with her tutor at school on a one to one basis, which are really helping her too. At home, she's bright and bubbly, as usual.

We went over yesterday to see her little brother, and his dad told us this:-

Mum isn't allowed overnight contact with the boy. This restriction has been placed on her by Social Services through their concerns for the boy's safety. As it's been a school holiday here in the uk last week, he allowed the boy to go round for tea to mum's. The boy was wearing brand new clothing, bought for him the day before by his paternal grandmother. (I should add that since dad has had the boy he's struggled to clothe him as mum refused to hand over any clothing, although he has just in the last week got a full time job, so things are looking up). Once the boy arrived, there were 2 of his friends at the house. Mum told him that if he stayed the night with her, she would allow the friends to stay too, and handed him her phone and instructed him to plead with his dad to allow him to stay. He's 7 years old! Anyway, clearly the boy was excited and so phoned his dad and begged him to stay with mum. Dad relented, and figured that perhaps if she was 'responsible' for 3 kids she would lay off the booze to an extend. He did however see that she had manipulated the boy and had engineered a situation to bribe the boy to stay with her. He requested that the boy was returned to him at midday the following day. Midday came and went, and she brought the boy back 2 hours late, she was very drunk, and the boy was dressed in a scruffy tracksuit. Dad asked her where the lad's brand new clothing was, and she said she'd given them away to another child!!!!!!

Now, why would she do that? I'm afraid we are struggling +++++ to understand what motivates a person to do such a cruel thing. It shows absolutely no respect whatsoever for her child or his possessions, just as she has shown no respect for SD's possessions as we still have not had anything of SD's that is of value returned (probably cos it's been sold).

Needless to say she has blown any chances now of future contact with the boy, as dad has said she's not having him any more and will have to take the matter to court, but can anyone just explain to me, please, why she would give away his brand new clothing? Or, has she sold it!!! We know she is now just on the minimum benefits for a single person in this country, so is receiving just £57 pw (not much), so how she's managing to buy her alcohol we just don't know.

She beggars belief, she really does, and has sunk just about as low as anyone can go.