View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 11:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Willybluedog

I think that is such a personal issue, so very individual, after my wife left me I hung back for about six months, then I did a lot of casual dating, I asked lots of women out, just for lunch or a downtown event.

I made it clear that it was absolutely a friendly no pressure, and especially a no sex date. I asked lots and lots of women out, I went on 5 or 6 dates a week just to get used to dating again. I had not been on a date in 15 years so I was just getting used to being out there again.

I think it is a lot harder for women, it's hard to ask a man out, and so many people I met were desperate to get remarried (both men and women, but especially men).

Don't let people push you into something you are not comfortable with, if your not ready, then be very direct with them, you were hurt by your spouse, it takes time to heal, and everyone is different, I was not looking to get married again, not even thinking about it, when this woman just bowls me over, 2nd date and I felt like I knew her all my life, when we left the restaraunt she grabbed me and kissed me and I was struck by lightning, I was "done gone" right then, game over, 15 years later i am still absolutely crazy about her.

You are on your own time-table, do what you want to do, ignore yoru friends and family, listen to your head and your heart.

Big hugs and best of luck,

Bill