View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 09:30 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
KelleyF

Originally Posted by Loneywife View Post
I don't know if this post is going to cause a poop storm, but it is my philosophy on death and dying. The other thread has made me reflect on what went on last night.

We all deserve to be treated like human beings, especially during dying and death. My AH deserves to die with some dignity, if he chooses to end his life.

He was sitting on his favorite couch, with his dog, watching his favorite newscaster on TV, and he was dying. Who am I to shake him out of his peaceful slumber and bring him back into this world through the place he dreads most, the hospital.

When you came back from the hospital you said he 'thanked you for saving his life" and that he promised to change.

IMO - he doesnt want to die, but he is sick; unable to make rational and reasonable choices because he is led by his addiction.

I wouldnt put stock in his promise to change; but truly he doesnt sound like he wants to die. It was an accidental overdose caused by another bad decision.

I hope that you are able to reach out tomorrow to someone within your group. I agree; they give their numbers because they want you to call. They are there to help you.

Wishing you peace tonight.
Kel