View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 05:46 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
ajnaT

Thanks to all for your input.

It was the experience of my father taking his own life that has piqued my suspicion about the situation. In my Dad's case, he sold everything he owned so we could pay for his funeral a month later. The difference is that my Dad was the happiest I had ever seen him in my 14 years and I really thought that the help and support he was getting was driving him onwards and upwards. It didn't take long for me to see the reason behind this happiness.

Helpme 33, I am sure she misses the old days and there are lots of people left in her camp who are wasted 'intellectuals'. Her fiftieth birthday was a curse from where I was viewing. I kept refusing drinks and bongs, having had sufficient.

ZOSO77, she has mentioned being suicidal but never has she talked about attempting it. I don't know if she has a plan.

All of you have the same thoughts as I have. She might be planning to take her own life and I feel that she is trying to manipulate me into staying bosom buddies with her which I know won't happen, especially not now, and I think she might know that as well.

Where I live, the mental health system is a bloody disgrace. People are turned away from emergency at the hospital in large numbers and quite a few have actioned their plans as a result. We have a notorious bridge in this city and a deep river to accommodate the irrevocably heartbroken. Our triage assessment team is now the local police, since our state government has axed jobs in every part of the public health system. It sucks that the police have to try and not treat a distressed, drunken person like a criminal instead of a person who needs medical help and TLC. They don't know how to negotiate with a psychotic drunk, only a drunk.

We have a phone service which is less than adequate for the number of people who are in need of an ear. The volunteers have to 'process' every caller within twenty minutes or nobody gets to talk. I can time it by my watch.

My friend has been sectioned in recent months when she was very drunk. How many times does this have to happen before a person takes stock of their inner disquiet?

tjp613, I have my own funeral plans and pay insurance for it. Nothing in my will, except that my niece will have a fabulous wardrobe to dive into. I didn't see the sense in discussing this Will plan because my friend was wasted. She was tipsy when she called and she was smashed at the end and planning to continue destroying herself after the call ended.

I will call the phone counselling tonight, if I can get in as weekends are very popular for the distressed, for obvious reasons to me. I will have a list of questions to ask.

(((())))