Old 02-17-2012, 12:24 PM
  # 462 (permalink)  
RobbyRobot
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by cleoAK
ok, I wanted to ask something too. In my quest to become a non drinker I went to many different councilors. One told me that if I put myself in a situation where there is alcohol that I am deliberately putting myself in a situation where I can relapse. not today or tomorrow perhaps but I am making that choice or I am following that voice to make bad decisions and come closer to the abyss. To me once I make the decision to be a forever non drinker, where I go should be irrelevant, If I am in that situation and my beast/av starts talking I just need to tell it to shut up. Do you think that subconsciously I could be setting myself up for failure? It was just an interesting perspective and one I don't think I believe now I have thought it through. I would just need to ignore the voice... or am I justifying unwise behavior as that person suggested. Thoughts?
Relapse has nothing to do with recovery, Zero. So with that understanding grasped, any ideations of relapsing is of course the Beast, and AVRT will absolutely when applied remove all chance of relapse because the ideations will be vaporized, and more importantly be recognised as the Beast being itself and so relapse's are impossible under those conditions.

I should say here that I'm only just now learning about AVRT, and so take my opinion for what it is: a student of AVRT.