Old 02-15-2012, 10:41 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Tuffgirl

Originally Posted by Willybluedog View Post
You all can kick sand at me all you want, I got your point Tuffgirl.

This woman had everything, I understand she was an addict, just like any other arrogant, sel-f-absorbed addict, just like my mother has been for 40+ years, just like Elvis Presley was (a person family friend for many many years).

My point was we all cry over a star, and we ignore the millions that die every single day, how many people cry for the soliders that died, the children that starved to death or were beaten to death or bombed to death.

My point was that stars having plenty of sycophants to mourn them. I am sorry for her family especially her daughter, and will pray for them, but all of this wailing 24/7 is out of proportion to the pain of the rest of the world.

And maybe it is the fact that I am an a$$hole, I will not mourn my own mother when she finally drinks herself to death, I hate her. I have no sympathy for those who choose to destroy themselves, who leave pain and destruction in their wake. My sympathy is reserved for the innocent, the ones who deserve so much better from those that were supposed to be good to them.

So anyway, it is obvious that I have offended some of you by pointing out that your emporer has no clothes, I should have kept my opinions to myself, next time I will know better.
No one is kicking sand here, Bill. And your opinion is always welcome and respected, however, it seems your response is a bit over the top. No one here is wailing. We are simply discussing the situation and relating to it as addicts and F&F of addict loved ones. It is a scary situation for us all, as we have either been close to death or sat with someone close to death or even lost loved ones because of addictions.

I don't think anyone of us necessarily have "sympathy"...I think empathy for both the struggle with addictions and the family of a lost loved one to this terrible disease is what is being described in this thread.

And I struggle to understand your last line, because the emperor who has no clothes is the addiction itself and the person struggling with it. Not Whitney Houston. And the only person who stands around naked insisting he/she has clothes on is the addict. The rest of us are quite aware they are naked.

I am a military brat whose Dad served our country in Vietnam - 3 times! I simply view the comparison as apples and oranges in this thread. That's all. TWWALTR.

Take care!
~T