Old 02-14-2012, 05:32 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

Originally Posted by Tuffgirl View Post
Maybe its because that was the first album I bought...with my own babysitting money...and wore out the tape in my boombox.

Maybe it is because she was only 8 years older than me and my daughter is her daughter's age.

Maybe it is because she was the epitome of addictions - such an amazingly talented and beautiful woman who hit the skids pretty hard, but seemed to be rising above it all.

Maybe because she wasn't a "success story" after all.

Just makes me really sad. And brings the reality of addictions home for us all.

RIP, Whitney.
Did I write this? This is precisely what I have been thinking... Right down to age (mine that is and yours-- my girls are a lot younger than yours!). The VERY first tape I ever bought on my own (w babysitting money) was hers!

I've been feeling very upset about how yet another addiction death is in the news-- and it's a death from "legal" drugs... I'll admit to wondering if xAH has thought even for an instant about any of this... All these stars and ordinary folks throwing their lives away, breaking their loved ones hearts, all bc addiction has such a grip on them...

I have been frustrated listening to the Nancy Grace types who are screaming about how no one "saved" her and how it's everyone else's fault she died. I am certainly not blaming the dead woman here, but I think anyone who knows anything about addiction knows that no one can "save" an addict...

It just seems that rather than sensationalizing it maybe this would be a good time for some accurate talk about addiction....