View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 12:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
theuncertainty

I really want to say Valentine's Day SUCKS, big-time.... but I can't. *sigh*. It kind of does for me, but most definitely does NOT for DS, so I'll borrow some of his joy.

I'm grateful for my beautiful, amazing, sweet little boy, who is really not so little any more. I'm grateful that he loves being outside, skiing, skating, gardening, being active. (He told me today he wants to go camping now, and not wait for summer. So it looks like I'll be scrounging for snow camping gear for future winter campouts.)

I'm grateful for my family and close friends, without whom, I probably would not be here to talk with you today. I'm grateful for the school that DS attends, because they're like a huge family, and the curriculum nurtures artistic expression and a sense of community.

I'm grateful that I live in such a gorgeous state. OMG, you would not believe how beautiful the mountains are today. Yesterday there was quite a bit of rock showing, but today they're mostly sparkly, glittery white again. Pale blue skies and sunshine.

I got DS and I new (to us) skates for Valentine's presents last night. Today, on my lunch break, I'll be putting the finishing touches on my card for DS, then a glorious dinner with him and my sister and her family. (I have no idea what it will be, but whatever they cook is always DE - li - cious.)

CMC - there's a store here that's called the Modern Dwellers Chocolate Lounge (think coffee shop, but with chocolate, ). It sells the most amazing spicy sipping cocoa, like a spicy chocolate bar melted just enough to drink. mmmmmm, maybe DS and I will stop there for a treat on the way home.