View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 07:15 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Terminally Unique

Location:   « USA »                       Recovered with AVRT  (Rational Recovery)  ___________
Originally Posted by freshstart57 View Post
I think Wonderland was misunderstood here, I did not read those posts as you did.

Originally Posted by Wonderland View Post
Addressing the brain chemistry in relation to alcohol abuse is very interesting to me. If the original chemical imbalances to be corrected, then perhaps people,like myself, wouldn't derive such enormous pleasure from drinking.
and might not drink at all then.
The ambivalence/uncertainty, which you note with the qualifier "might not" is precisely what makes the statement Addictive Voice. It is also AV because it places a precondition on not drinking, which necessarily implies a condition for drinking in the absence of that precondition.

There is no plan to keep drinking there, TU, nor was there an opportunity for you to lead Wonderland to making A Big Plan concerning future use of alcohol. You have a fabulous hammer in your AVRT master status, but not all posters are nails.
My response was probably too direct, notably with posts #17 and #18, which I was conflicted about, but I decided it might help others who were reading zero in on the more subtle forms of AV in their own thinking. Hopefully she won't take it too personally. Neither a Big Plan, nor AVRT, can be forced on another person.

You know that I am a strong AVRT and TU supporter. However, I think you missed the opportunity for a completely different discussion, the discussion intended by Wonderland. Too bad.
This is true, but this thread wasn't originally about brain chemistry and neurotransmitters. From what I read, Creekryder was having concerns about viewing the Beast of AVRT as a distinct, rational entity.