View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 04:18 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
GerandTwine
Not The Way way, Just the way

Originally Posted by unentschieden View Post
I have a comment back to the original Creekryder post, though reading the ensuing exchanges was quite interesting.

A part of the AVRT book that I found interesting was when it pointed out the similarity between the AV and the voice in my head that tells me to rear end the jerk that just cut me off. I know that I don't want to do that, but there is certainly a part of me that makes me feel the satisfaction of doing it.

AVRT has given that part (or a similar one) a name and given me the power to recognize that I make the decisions for me.

I know now what he means when he says that if you truly subscribe to AVRT you will find it IMPOSSIBLE to drink alcohol. At first that sounded nutty.

While I'm truly thankful for for Terminally Unique's reading recommendations, it almost makes me sad because I may not need the support of this group much longer....thanks to AVRT I feel totally secure in my lifelong abstinence!
To me, this post reveals some of the beauty of AVR, a Technique that puts the Structural Model to use in exposing the awesome impact of the Big Plan. It's my Big Plan, which took about 5 seconds to complete, that is the actual source of making my future drinking impossible. It's a commitment that actually has a vast presence throughout American history. But the fact that literally scores of millions of people have made it, by other names, doesn't mean mine is any more or less secure. The Big Plan is either on, or not yet connected. It can't be turned off. It's not a switch. It's a permanently wired circuit. It doesn't need a lot of power/effort. It's just there.

The mixed feelings about a sense of need for support is nicely expressed by unentschieden, that mixture being part AV. Instead of support I consider these AVRT threads to be information exchange because the AV loves the idea that one might "need the support of this group". And, as I see it in my short time on SR, TU has been admirably accurate in providing information about what is AV and what isn't.

By the way, I translated unentshieden. It means "undecided". No longer, I bet.