View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 07:07 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
KelleyF

Originally Posted by jbdream1970 View Post
No, a different person. The reason why I have been mingling with other people is because I have no idea when the first friend of mine will be leaving the rehab he's in and neither does he. It could be a while is all he knows. So that's why I have been socializing with other guys.
I was reading the post you made about a week ago; and from yhat one, im thinking possibly people are making some assumptions that might be far reaching. So maybe you could clarify..
The man that you were reunited with last year; your love from the past...you didn't really say how involved you were with him; or really how much of his addiction you experienced. I really can't even say you were a codependent based on that post.

But anyway, maybe it's just a coincidence that the new guy you met is in recovery. It is sorta funny though - just your luck perhaps?

I think Anvil had a good point; about being in distress last week and now thinking about pursuing someone new. I think it's always wise to give yourself time.
I can tell you that when I joined the forum people told me that there was a one year minimum rule for recovering addicts to pursue relationships.
Of course who made that rule; I don't know. My guy was short about 10 mos from that rule, so I'm not one to judge.
But we started out as friends,'for several months and it was a really good experience; he's now my best friend.
So do what you may; just take it slow.
I suggest that you talk to him about his recovery; How he manages it; etc
It's his job to take care of himself; figure out what he needs along the way
Good luck.
Kel