View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 03:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
doah777

Unhappy My husband has relapsed and I am lost

I am new here and am hoping this can help. I have only been through 1 replase with my husband and it was really hard on me. He ended up going to jail for 3 weeks, then to a sober living for 90 days and it was really hard on our relationship. Now 7 months later, he relapsed again. I think this time I realized it once it already happened but he has denied it the last 3 days until this morning finally told me, but I am pretty sure he is only telling me the least of it. This time since he is on probation this was his last chance and will be going to jail for I am not sure how long. I know that I do not want to end our marriage at this point and am trying to get things in place so that I have somewhere to go once I can't pay the rent by myself (most likely my in laws since my family does not know or understand addiction), but my question is, how the heck to I get through it. How am I supposed to be okay with my husband being in jail and us being apart. How do I get through 6-12months of not having my husband greet me when I get home at night and have him missing from my bed every night and not seeing him everyday???? I am not sure I am strong enough to get through it and if I do, will I be waiting around for the next relapse to happen??? how long does a spouse put up with it???