View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 12:34 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
zoso77
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Originally Posted by TiredButHopeful View Post
zoso, I have an older sister who was married to an abusive man. I told her to run every chance I could get. And now I put myself into the same situation and feel like..an idiot, honestly. I feel like it hit me before I even realized what was really going on.
Sweetheart,

You're not an idiot. When we love somebody, it's very easy for us to be in denial about what we see and hear. God knows, in my situation, I was. And I paid for it, too. And, yes, I kick myself from time to time for staying in a situation that my wise mind knew was lethal. In fact, I'm doing that today in a way.

I used the "younger sister" example because it made you look outward instead of inward. And if it were unacceptable for your sister to be in a situation like yours, then it would, by extention, be unacceptable for you to be in it.

I'm not here to tell you what to do. Only you can figure that out, for yourself. My hope for you is that you use your "wise mind". Don't be in denial about what you see. There are worse things in this world than a broken heart.

Please be safe.

ZoSo