View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 04:03 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
IvanKatz

Glad to hear that from you. I too get the steroid injections in my back - unfortunately, they don't last very long. The pain thing - Geez, where do I go with that one... Right now I've gone six weeks with no meds. Do I have back pain? Geezuz YES! *BUT* I've been able to keep it under control. I did something different this time though - first time in 3 years. I decided I was going to try to do this the hard way. I went back to the gym to strengthen and tone. Three years of semi-idleness had taken a toll on my body. I'm sure all the muscle atrophy hasn't helped, neither did adding an extra 20lbs either.
I told myself I was going to give myself 60 days to change things.
Has the diet, nutrition, and exercise helped? Well, yeah it has. As I sit here and write this, My back is hurting... But I choose to not trade one pain for another. My pain is not excruciating right now but I don't feel like dancing either. Especially after a 2 hour workout today!
Now, Am I going to say I'll never take any more meds? Nope, can't say that because I don't know what's going to happen tomorrow, next week, or next month. All I know is what I'm doing today. I know, old cliche but that's the way it is for me.
I have a saying on this board, "It's now what you did yesterday but what you do next". Basically, I'm taking this as it comes and as long as I can do what I'm doing now, then I know there is a future for me.