Thread: xAH arrested
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 09:02 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
EnglishGarden

I also was assaulted by an AH many years ago. I was afterward so grateful it happened because it forced me to get away from the AH, divorce him, and it probably saved my life.

I moved out within three weeks after the event, and took my son (from my previous marriage) to another town and I never let the exAH have my address. I guess these days people can always find somebody's residence online, but back then, they couldn't.

Have you spoken to anyone at your children's school about the danger your family is in? As we all know, it is not uncommon for violent spouses to get revenge by using the children in some way. You might think about making a personal visit to the school to speak to the principal.

Also, if the school has a counselor, perhaps you could get a referral for some professional help for your children who have witnessed someone they love and trust and likely idolize--their dad--deliberately injure their mother. They are traumatized. I send you my blessings as you help them heal.

I guess what I want to say is that I was glad--afterward--for the night my drunk AH hit me. Because he never ever got another chance. And he never ever had another chance to drive drunk with my little boy powerless in the back seat. I believed his promises he would not drink, believed his promises he would not drink when driving with my child and his child.

I did not know anything about alcoholism back then. So I am very very glad he hit me. That was God saving me and my child.

Many good wishes for a new life for you and your children. Things will get better. My life did. I did find happiness again and so will you.