View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 08:30 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Terminally Unique

Location:   « USA »                       Recovered with AVRT  (Rational Recovery)  ___________
Originally Posted by Wonderland View Post
You are implying that because I want to correct the chemical brain imbalances that cause my anxiety (anxiety I have had since childhood, before alcohol), then that means that I want to drink? How are you making this false, and insulting deduction?
I explained how I am deducing this, and I quoted the relevant part of your post, twice.
If the original chemical imbalances to be corrected, then perhaps people, like myself, wouldn't derive such enormous pleasure from drinking.
I am the one who wrote that many people try to patch anxiety with alcohol, and I also wrote that it obviously doesn't work to CORRECT the initial problem, only to mask it for a bit.
You did indeed, suggesting that alcohol is medicine, albeit not very good medicine. You might want to consider getting that idea out of your head entirely. Alcohol is not even bad medicine, nor does it work temporarily. It gets you drunk, which makes you not think about the problem, but in the meantime, it actually makes the problem much worse.

So, without alcohol, I would like to address the chemical imbalances causing my anxiety, so can feel happier, calmer, and be more productive.
You don't have to answer me, but consider that you still haven't answered any of the questions I posed. What is your plan concerning the future use of alcohol once you do address any chemical imbalances, and you do feel calmer? Are you going to drink on top of your medication, thereby negating it?

To be honest with you, your approach turns me away from talking with you further.
I was trying to help you see the Addictive Voice hidden in your thinking. I told you not to take it personally, but that is certainly your prerogative. Either way, our exchange may help others who read it.