View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 07:28 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Wonderland

Originally Posted by Terminally Unique View Post
I'm a little reluctant to single your post out here Wonderland, since you are relatively new to AVRT, so please don't take this personally. AVRT is a self-aiming weapon, though, and I sense a plan to keep drinking in your post.

Recall the definition of the Addictive Voice: "Any thinking, imagery, or feeling that supports, or even suggests, the possible future use of alcohol or drugs -- ever."

This entire section I quoted above qualifies in spades, and is pure Addictive Voice. Dr. Beast has you convinced that you were born two martinis sub par, and that alcohol is medicine for that deficiency. Here are some questions for you to give you a moving target:
  1. Is addressing brain chemistry in relation to alcohol abuse very interesting to you, or to your Beast?

2. If you aren't going to drink again, what does it matter if you derive enormous pleasure from drinking or not?

3. If you really do have chemical imbalances that need correcting, wouldn't it be better to correct them properly, with real medicine instead of alcohol?

4. What does your Beast think about real medicine that doesn't get you drunk or high, but only provides relief and makes you feel normal?
Yes, addressing the underlying chemical imbalances that cause my anxiety and seek relief in alcohol, is of real interest to me, as I want to seek to fix the original imbalance causing the anxiety.
Imbalances of serotonin, dopamine, GABA, and other problems with neurotransmitters, lead to anxiety, hyperactivity, and depression.

When did I suggest that alcohol was the correct treatment for this? People, like myself, have used excessive alcohol, to try and patch these chemical imbalances, but it doesn't work like that. Treating the root of the problem, the chemical imbalance is crucial if I'm ever going to feel good.

To say that because someone has a misfiring with their neurotransmitter, causing an issue, like anxiety, that could make them more susceptible to the reward-center stimulation of the brain that alcohol initially provides. This in no way implies that someone is subpar.