View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 07:05 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Terminally Unique

Location:   « USA »                       Recovered with AVRT  (Rational Recovery)  ___________
I'm a little reluctant to single your post out here Wonderland, since you are relatively new to AVRT, so please don't take this personally. AVRT is a self-aiming weapon, though, and I sense a plan to keep drinking in your post.

Originally Posted by Wonderland View Post
Addressing the brain chemistry in relation to alcohol abuse is very interesting to me. If the original chemical imbalances to be corrected, then perhaps people, like myself, wouldn't derive such enormous pleasure from drinking.
Recall the definition of the Addictive Voice: "Any thinking, imagery, or feeling that supports, or even suggests, the possible future use of alcohol or drugs -- ever."

This entire section I quoted above qualifies in spades, and is pure Addictive Voice. Dr. Beast has you convinced that you were born two martinis sub par, and that alcohol is medicine for that deficiency. Here are some questions for you to give you a moving target:
  1. Is addressing brain chemistry in relation to alcohol abuse very interesting to you, or to your Beast?

2. If you aren't going to drink again, what does it matter if you derive enormous pleasure from drinking or not?

3. If you really do have chemical imbalances that need correcting, wouldn't it be better to correct them properly, with real medicine instead of alcohol?

4. What does your Beast think about real medicine that doesn't get you drunk or high, but only provides relief and makes you feel normal?