View Single Post
Old 02-11-2012, 02:11 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
wicked

Beth- I grew up being told that what I saw and heard and KNEW was wrong (and I'd speak up vs my siblings who stayed silent) was right and I grew up to be an adult with NO ability to trust my perceptions, feelings, intuition. Identifying what my MIL did in that instant, I had a flood of feelings through me like I can't describe. I hate that for even an instant my daughter had that same experience as me. The difference I guess is that I had no one telling me my perception was right and my daughter has me validating her.
I had a rush of feelings too! I was furious that woman called both you and your daughter a liar. She knows she lied but she is gonna bully your daughter into believing she is the good person.
It is thrilling that you were there to validate your daughter. Let her talk about gma, I have a feeling there is much more in her treasure chest of strange things she has said to your daughter. It is baffling.
The best thing now is your daughter knows you believe her and her reality.
How different would my life be, or your life if the adults in our lives listened to us.
Just listened. And said, Honey, you are right, that was a terrible thing for him to say, and a big hug. Validating my reality.

Beth