View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 05:06 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

Laurie- Same story here... My grandmother, who my mother was definitely emotionally harmed by, was the SOLE safe haven for my siblings and I as kids. Me especially. I lived with my grandparents for periods of time -- my mother would tell them I was out of control and they'd offer to take me and were the ONLY people who told me they knew how I was being treated was wrong. I told my mother once, when I was maybe 8? that my grandmother had said that and I didn't spend time alone with my grandparents for a LONG time after that...

It was only when I was older that my mother would tell my sister and I these awful stories about how her mother and father treated her. I kind of wonder if my grandparents were trying to make up for their behavior somehow by being great to us?

Oddly, my mother is kind of doing the same-- she was not great to me (that's an understatement) and she is kind and loving with my girls-- a side of her I certainly didn't experience. To her credit she has owned a lot of her behavior and I have a decentish r/s with her now...

Anyway, that's all my rambling...

I am talking to D6's T tomorrow though I feel like I am going to need a whole session with her just to explain what happened in the past 2 weeks w regard to D6 and her father and grandmother...