View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 01:51 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
GerandTwine
Not The Way way, Just the way

Recognize your AV dragging your past indiscretions into the present.

Originally Posted by RDBplus3 View Post
Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.
Hi RDBplus3,

I was surfing another thread on SR and saw your post wherein you wrote:

"My wife hates it when I drink. So when I travel on business, I have the tendency to overdo it. Or maybe I just let my addictive nature run out of control, unrestrained. Not a smart use of my faculties, since I am always responsible for whatever happens. I HATE that next morning when I have to try to figure out what actually happened the night before."

Recognize your AV as you read my rewrite of your above sentences.

"My wife hated it when I drank. So,when I travel on business, I had the tendency to overdo it. Or maybe I just let my addictive nature run out of control, unrestrained. Not a smart use of my faculties, since I am always responsible for whatever happens. I HATED that next morning when I had to try to figure out what actually had happened the night before."

Understandably, loved ones may go slow in believing you will never drink again. That is a belief they may never fully achieve, but it is an issue that your Big Plan is immune to.

I found that in most of the rare instances I revealed my Big Plan to others, it did seem to help speed up regaining trust. And when I say "revealed" I don't mean rehashing the past with why I made it, I mean just sharing with them my personal oath.