Old 02-10-2012, 12:16 PM
  # 423 (permalink)  
IAmAbstinent

Hmm my beast just decided to kick up pretty wildly at a quite unexpected place.

I was just hanging out at the train station and being a friday evening everyone was just coming into the city and many were already drinking in bars- ie THE PARTY WAS JUST GETTING STARTED .

Beasty decided to kick up by saying 'look at all the fun you're missing out on, just imagine what it would feel like with some amphetamine in you coming out to enjoy the nightlife with all these fine folks!'. I am able to laugh about my beast's sneaking tricksterish hustle now I've returned home and the desire has passed. In hindsight this is just like the examples in the book where it describes 'slippery situations' and such of drinking holes seeming like wonderfully cheery establishments via the beast's appraisal.

I must say I did indulge a little whiteknuckling with it again with stuff like 'but it would make me feel ill for days even weeks after'. Although this seems sound logically I noticed that it isn't effective in the 'heat of the moment' because beasty is trying to appeal to the emotions.

So again I had to step it up a gear by screaming in my mind 'BIG PLAN BIG PLAN F***ING BIG PLAN'. Seemed to drown the beast out after a bit .

My beast initially scoffed whilst reading the 'dogmatic' nature of RR but now -I- see how it's certainly important as one of the main weapons in the arsenal.