View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 12:57 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
HopefulGF65

Everyone here is being very supportive and frank and I am honestly taking it all in, even when some of it is much harder to hear than others. But regardless of how much blinders I still have on or how much work I need to do on myself and my co-dependency issues (which I'm not denying by any means), this is the first week of figuring it all out and I have a tidal wave of emotions swirling around inside me.

I am curious how long did it take others here to say "no more" and leave the situation or to at least go through the process of detaching? I've never been a drastic action-oriented person and have always needed time to let things sink in and process before I know what is comfortable and right for me. I know there's no real 'normal' as it's all relative but I wish I had this magic checklist and timeline of what to expect of myself to go through, when I should start feeling X, etc.. All I know is what I feel today, and that it's just a little different (maybe more, maybe less) than yesterday with no thought to tomorrow because I just want to process the present. I did turn a corner this weekend but it took me until I came here to realize I took it.