View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 09:56 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
zoso77
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Originally Posted by MsPINKAcres View Post
Hate so much that you are going thru this ~ it is painful ~

I have a wise older brother that says "There is always plenty of room on the High Road"

(High road as in not responding - not as in "getting messed up HIGH" ~ just wanted to make that clear)

I hope that she stops soon ~ that you don't have to go as far as involving the authorities in this situation ~ but remember even tho you are choosing not to respond ~ it is ok to do whatever you have to do to protect yourself and your well-being.

PINK HUGS!
Rita
You know what, though? It's not ripping me open, Rita. There's a near constant awareness that she's sick. And people with BPD will often act out, try to provoke, and try to make you feel what they feel. For the longest time, she used to numb her feelings. And now that she's (supposedly) clean, she's unable to self-regulate her moods and/or feelings.

Fortunately, I've learned how to and can self-regulate. So that's what I choose to do.

One of my buddies has been staying with me. The agreement we have is if she pulls anything, he's going to deal with her and not me. Right now, although I'm healing, I'm still raw, and I can't be drawn into a confrontation without it injuring me. I just want to heal, continue to live my life, and go forward.