View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 08:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
helpme33

I had the same problem with my son's 37 yo girlfriend. We live in another state and they have been toegether 2 years and I have met her one time. I saw red flags the entire weekend.
Sure enough they have a fight and she started in on me, nasty messages, nasty emails.
Son's sister has never met her and when I refuse to be dragged to her level GF started nasty hateful messages with her. She was in tears.
I finally called the police and they told her NO contact what so ever, and that worked.
I found out this week that GF has called all of his female friends and threatened them. GF told my son that THEY called her and he had words with them.
I told him the truth, I know he already knew the truth!
IMO they are hurting, and want everyone else to feel as bad as they do.
I am at the point in my life where I do not care to 'get even', but I will not tolerate being harassed.
I have never liked drama and now I like it even less. Life is too short to be spending all of your time thinking of ways to get even. Also, their version of events is distorted so if she keeps harassing you, it may escalate, let her know that you will not tolerate it (if it gets bad enough) and keep your word.
I went through this many years before when I was divorcing an alcoholic and it is amazing the lengths they will go just to make your life as miserable as theirs is.