View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 01:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
MsPINKAcres
Living in a Pinkful Place

This is a quote from the Al-Anon One Day at a Time daily readings book from page 234

"Never let me imagine that my satisfaction with life depends on what someone else may do."

You can have a happy ending, beginning and a HAPPY right now to your life ~ regardless of all that you are facing ~ it's not easy, but YOU are worth it.

It doesn't mean you don't experience, pain, heartbreak, sadness and grief ~ working on you, your own recovery and co-dependency can give you the freedom to know that regardless of what happens - YOU can still be ok. You can still have sanity, safety and happiness.

Some are able to do this while living with their active partners, having adult children that are active, some have to do it while detaching with love from those people who are still in the active part of their disease ~

I speak for me personally - I still have down moments, hours or days, but I have a hope that reassures me I can get thru whatever life throws my way ~ with the help of my HP, my recovery family, my family of origin and my PINK strength, courage and wisdom of my program of recovery.

That is MY Happily Ever After

PINK HUGS,
Rita