View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012, 12:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by lizatola View Post
No, he does attend AA, nor did he ever. When he quit, he quit of his own accord and takes great pride in the fact that he 'didn't need anything or anybody to guide him through quitting drinking.' So, his take on it is: I have quit before and if I want to quit someday again, I will. End of story. I truly believe he's in denial.
My issue right now is: do I figure out a way to get my son home from sports practice on Thursday so I can get to my meeting or do I let my AH take him home and pray that he doesn't pull the drinking and driving crap again? If I tell him that I don't want him to drive son home, then he'll get all defensive about my trust issues with him and I'll have to confess that I found the beer cup in the car, etc. If I let him take the boy home, am I risking repeat behavior from him or was it a one time deal? Who knows, right?
I have been going to Al Anon for a month now and do not have a sponsor. Thank you all for the support.
Ack, I didn't know how to edit but the first sentence should read: he does NOT attend AA. Thx