View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012, 06:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
RDBplus3

Day 3, with AVRT

I made my Big Plan commitment Sunday. I spent most of the day going thru the Advanced Crash Course on the AVRT site, making personal notes and copying quotes from the Course. I have that saved as a 4 page 'Commitment to my Big Plan'. Sunday was easy to stay Sober, because I am with family all day and cannot get a drink. But Monday I could have drank, and did not.

This morning, Tuesday, I am really struggling. It helped immensely to read over my 'Commitment Plan'. I am continually focusing on the reality that the addictive demand to drink is generated by my Beast (Flesh Nature, mid-Brain programming) and that the true 'I' is my Rational Thinking mind that has the abilities of consciousness, Reasoning, Moral Judgement, and Self-will.

However, at this point I have ALMOST headed for the liquor store repeatedly. Then.. I realized it is the addictive programming of my Beast Nature that is trying to convince 'ME' that it is 'Me' that 'I' want to drink. 'I' do not have to buy into this, of course, but on Day 3 my Addictive Beast programming is screaming bloody murder and it is VERY DIFFICULT to keep this all in focus.

Any feedback would be GREATLY APPRECIATED.