View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012, 09:13 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
MsPINKAcres
Living in a Pinkful Place

Congrats on finding your new SR family ~

I believe you will find great love and support here ~ I know these wonderful people have helped me greatly in dealing with the affects of the disease and how it affects my loved ones.

We all have tough days ~ especially "Holidays" so much pressure for them to be "Movie" perfect ~

as many have written ~ we like to OWN our days and not allow others dictate how we celebrate . . .

Many will volunteer on Thanksgiving and Christmas rather than spend it with uncomfortable & dysfunctional family gatherings

Some will offer to be the baby sitter rather than attending a New Years Eve party

Didn't get flowers or Chocolates on Valentines ~ buy a plant and make some cupcakes and bring them to your local nursing home, children's hospital, ~ maybe even buy a big bag of dog food for your local animal rescue shelter ~

Sometimes breaking the "traditions" and starting your own can help and heal you ~

Just a few suggestions ~ Please know it is not to discount your pain and suffering ~ I do hope you continue to seek your own recovery so that you can learn how to deal with the affects of loving someone who struggles with addiction~

PINK HUGS,
Rita