Thread: No Contact Rule
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2012, 10:06 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Linkmeister

Originally Posted by Carol Star View Post
I am grateful I finally got to the place that I stopped the contact because I knew it was hurting ME and I didn't like my peace and serenity interrupted. I prayed for the willingness to let him go. It was a process. It took time. It hurt- like "surgery with a hacksaw"- JS, AA, in backwoods Va. Alanon helped. I started seeing how it was- and not how I wished it was.
Carol-I echo what you're saying and I do like the surgical analogy. It hurt like hell, but like all surgeries, the wound is healing...slowly, but it is healing.

No contact is hard, given the availability of on-line contact or by phone or text. Blocking my EX's ways to contact me was hard to do, but at the same time liberating. Like you, I value my peace and serenity and this was the choice I had, so I made it. That's what Al-Anon and SR showed me-I did have choices......

Yesterday, my ex sent me an email (it slipped through my homeland securiity..LOL) and it was something so stupid and immature it was almost laughable.

Six months ago, the email I got yesterday would have gripped me, obsessed me and I would have fired back a long, rambling response, but not this time. I saw him for who he is, how nothing has changed with him and for me, instead of upsetting me, it validated my decision to end things and go no contact.