View Single Post
Old 02-04-2012, 02:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
gorrie

Finally... I hope

This is my first post here, but I have been lurking, learning and strengthening for well over a year.

AB is finally going to seek inpatient / extensive outpatient for the first time in almost 4 years.

My story is like everyone else's, so I am not going to bore anyone with our history. AB is 32 and an addict. His drugs of choice is oxys or if not available cocaine.

AB recently has been on his road to recovery off and on for over a year. He was doing meetings and tapering and was going to start therapy and methadone treatment.

AB is a binge user, and last night he did it again, the whole paycheck gone. I believe the bottom has been hit for him - the steps for treatment are in motion.

As far as myself - I have been a horrible enabler and codie. I have my own drugs addiction that I deal with, and found myself using with him just to deal. I haven't stuck by boundaries and put myself and family in situations that were unhealthy.

Since November 2011, I have been working on myself day in and out. This work has not been easy. I have been waking up happier. Going to bed with less tears. And finding that the addiction does not consume all my waking moments and dreams.

I still worry - I still grieve - I still wonder - I still pray - I still hope

I know that inpatient is not a guaranteed fix - but I think it is AB's best shot.