View Single Post
Old 02-03-2012, 11:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
MyBetterWorld

what would you do?

-short backstory-moved out with the kids year and a half ago, XAH is homeless-"living" about an hour from us. He has no car, just finally started working a job, but will be going to jail for some drinking related stuff next Tuesday. He will be in for 6 months.

Here's my question. He claims to be sober right now, for a couple of weeks. Can't stay in the shelter if he has been drinking, and since it's cold, he's opted to be able to stay in the shelter. So, I am kind of inclined to believe he is sober. For now.

He wants me to pick him up and bring him back to my home so that he can see the girls before heading to the klink. I did this one other time fairly recently, and it went fine, but I don't want to. I don't think I should have to. It's the weekend.......when I hang with the kids and get laundry and other housework done. And maybe even relax a little. I know if he's there I will be on edge all weekend.

I am only considering it for the sake of the kids. They won't see him for a long time after this weekend.

I don't know what to do........maybe some lingering codie in me is having a hard time saying no?.......I don't know.