View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012, 11:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
pacificsunrise

CanfixONLYme,

thank you soooo much for this post. Your words and feelings sound very similar to mine. I have been separated from my AH for almost a year now.

it is so true. all they do (mine at least) is go on and on about themselves and what we have done to them and how they are doing so much to fix it, etc. etc.
i don't know about your husband, but as far as mine goes, i still pretty much feel that most if not all of his "good deeds" are just trying to manipulate me. mine had sent me and the kids handmade birthday gifts (our birthdays are the same month) that were absolutely the best of the best. something i would have so wished for all of the years that we were married and then later on proceeded to complain for the lack of appreciation on my part. i mean i did thank him for them, but i wasn't gona gallop back home if that was what he expected.

anyways, i don't want to ramble on about my stuff. in response to your questions, i don't seem to get angry with him as much as i used to. i am not sure if it is the time that's passed, my education about the disease of addiction, or me working on myself, or the combination of all of them. so i'm not of much help. just wanted to let you know that it should get better.

hang in there and stay strong. all this anger did not build up overnight and will take time to get resolved. and also, there is nothing wrong with being angry. at least you are in touch with your real emotions, however you might not want to be. anger is good sometimes. it helps us define what we want and do not want.

thanks again for sharing. you are not alone in your feelings.

hugs and prayers to you.