Thread: I'm a mess
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012, 11:39 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
wicked

I have talked to my sponsor but it isn't helping.
WTBH, can you remember what you were thinking between the sponsor didn't help me....to I will try again to get my ex husband to validate my hurt feelings about his mother? (even though up to now, this has NEVER happened).

I attempted to talk to xAH about his mother's rude email to me. And I was told that she has every right to express how she feels and he supports her and blah blah blah.
He probably could not wait to call mama and tell her how brave her little boy was against the evil WTBH. I had close to the same dynamic in my last marriage. At first his mom loved me (taking that mess off her hands and out of her pocketbook) then, when the drugs came in especially crack, well, all bets were off. I became the evil woman who wanted to follow the schedule from the court. I wanted the child support to come on time. I wanted him to show up when he should. She started to back up his side. I moved way back and stopped talking. I was not gonna win against mom and son.
It is no win. No way.
When the smoke cleared, we talked it over, me and mom. She apologized for coming down so hard, she was sad for losing me, and angry at her son for ruining his life.
I told her I loved her and I hoped she would continue to spend her love on my children.
she did not have to love me, but she did anyway, and I appreciate that.

Beth