Old 02-01-2012, 05:36 AM
  # 382 (permalink)  
Terminally Unique

Location:   « USA »                       Recovered with AVRT  (Rational Recovery)  ___________
Originally Posted by micealc View Post
I am very Interested In AVRT....the only Problem I could see with it is I may stay a Dry Drunk....Or an Angry Person....
There is no such thing as a dry drunk, nor is there anything "wrong" with anger per se. Although pathologized in certain recovery groups, anger exists for a reason, usually to let you know that someone is taking advantage of you. Without anger as an early warning that something is wrong, no one would survive in this world for very long. The good news is that AVRT is rapid deprogramming, and will snap you right out of the "dry drunk" and "anger is bad" mindset.

Originally Posted by micealc View Post
Can you be contented and Happy using AVRT.....Any Advice.....Please.
AVRT is not a design for living, but once securely abstinent, you can be whatever you choose to be. If you have other problems not related to your addiction, there is plenty of legitimate help out there, and in an abstinent state, you will be able to take full advantage of it. If you want to learn AVRT, get a copy of the book "Rational Recovery: The New Cure for Substance Addiction" by Jack Trimpey and read through it. You can get a copy online for less than the cost of a six pack of beer.