View Single Post
Old 02-01-2012, 05:04 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Terminally Unique

Location:   « USA »                       Recovered with AVRT  (Rational Recovery)  ___________
There is a reason that I have recommended, over and over again, that people read the RR book twice, paying close attention to the exercises the second time around. The Addictive Voice organizes your thoughts around the addictive mandate, and until exposed, appears to be you.

This illusion is so pervasive that people literally make life-altering decisions, such as what field to work in, where to live, and who to marry, based on what that stupid voice says. The Big Plan forces an I/It split, and it is only in this context that the AV will truly stand out for recognition.

I know the part of the book that ThisIsDANIEL refers to, where the author says that you don't have to make a Big Plan. What he means is that AVRT cannot be forced, and that you are free to use AVRT, or not. Like a good Beast, reading over his shoulder, though, Daniel's has found a loophole. This is not unusual, however, and I fully expect that the AV will necessarily chime in and affect one's perceptions during a first read-through of the book.

If you are still here, Daniel, I recommend that you read through the book again, this time in your right mind. You may also want to read through the AVRT threads on here. Feel free to post any questions you may have in those threads.