View Single Post
Old 01-31-2012, 09:30 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
steve1840

unfortunately everyone who posted is correct, especially the point that dolly makes about some people having no bottom.everytime i thought i reached my bottom as a codie, instead of making a change, i adapted and set the bottom lower. i'd reach that place and do it all over again. and again. and again.

my situation involves a significant other, i can only imagine the struggles of dealing with this with a child. after a long time hoping and waiting, i finally have stepped aside. so much so that i dont even come around here too often any more.

i started naranon meetings a couple months ago. what i wanted to pass on to you is that i have met parents in situations just like you, but through the program, they have found their serenity. i found some too. this is not a journey for us to do alone. and with the support of others, you can gain some grounding. even if just a tiny bit, it is at least a foundation. just like the addict has to work on themselves, so do we. it is the onyl way out.

i stayed stuck for months and months wit hthe carrot of rehab being dangled in front of me. i would not step away fro long because she was so close. finally i realized close isnt enough. at least you know you have support here on this board.