Thread: exhaustion
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 08:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

exhaustion

Has anyone else experience total exhaustion (to the point that I feel like I need to hold my eyelids open) after a period of calm followed by a short period of returning to chaos?

Last week's ridiculousness with my "friends" and then my MIL didn't feel all that dramatic at the time, and I felt really good about how I handled both.

But yesterday I felt like I'd been run over by a MAC truck. Just bone tired. I had a terrible time sleeping last night (lots of anxiety that I have not felt in a while) and today struggled to get out of bed bc I was so worn out and I am feeling surprisingly down and exhausted.

All I can assume is that I am not used to being stressed anymore on a regular basis and the shot of adrenaline from the drama of last week ran through me and right back out and I'm left feeling like a mess.

I feel very uncomfortable with how out of it I feel right now and caffeine is doing nothing at all to help.

I don't even know what I am asking for per se... Just wondering if others have felt like this too? Maybe I was so accustomed for so long to running on adrenaline constantly that my system took it as a shock to deal with last week?

Whatever it is, I hope it passes soon bc I am ready to crawl under my desk and take a nap. I can't even begin to describe how tired I am. It's unnerving.