View Single Post
Old 01-27-2012, 08:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Blk

Unhappy Back and forth....repeat...

I am new to the group, I decided I needed extra support during this difficult time and figured people involved in the same
Situation would be the best people to turn to. My fiancée and I have been together for over five years, I first met him out of a 30 day rehab he attended for his heroin addiction. I was warned to not even get involved, but after seeing and feeling what this man brought to my life I couldn't resist. We were good, I'd say, for about 2 months, before we started doing cocaine together, mind you, I wasn't an angel myself, prior to meeting him I had done the coke scene myself but it never amounted to anything major. Anyways, after inheriting a few thousand dollars, well that's where it went downhill. First started with the OxyContin then crack then onto heroin. Long story short, him and I were "high partners" for about 2-2 1/2 years. He had always used needles, I snorted it, but in the end I was on the needle too. I ended up getting clean, so did he, we got pregnant. I thought that was it, thought it was the end for him too. He's always had the addictive personality a lot worse then me, he'd been using dope for 6 years prior to even knowing me. Our son is what helps keep me sober, but not for him. Our baby will be 2 in April, we have continuously been dealing with him on dope, off dope, on dope, ect. Just recently, December 22, 2011, he went and
Checked himself into a rehab 3 hours away. I drove him there, drove all the way back to Chicago, went and visited him there twice, and had
To pick him up to bring him back when he was
Done with the program. All this driving, Chicago to Indianapolis, with a 1 1/2 year old was just horrible. Anyways, he's been back, was supposed to go to a halfway house and decided against it now. He's
Living with a heroin addict and his family, claiming he's not doing anything but that's hard to believe. I'm just so frustrated that my family is falling apart, I have a baby that adores his daddy and looks forward to seeing him everyday. I love this man with everything, he's my heart, my soul. We've had our ups and downs but this man, besides his drug addiction, is a
Wonderful man and father. I know there's nothing I can do, I used to fight with him, cry to him, scream, yell, ect but it never helped. I'm almost to the point of giving up, but then I reconsider because I am the only person that's good in his life. Everyone else around him Dont care about him. I'm just frustrated, so very frustrated.