View Single Post
Old 01-27-2012, 05:58 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
sugarbear1
~sb

Where did you learn the false information about the history of AA? Bill & Bob followed the steps before getting sober, then wrote them on paper....The Washingtonians, which began in a bar in Baltimore as a group of drinkers who helped eachother stop, had been in place 100 years before Bob & Bill were acquainted with The Oxford Group. There's so much more! Carl Jung was involved, so was J.D. Rockefeller. There's so much vital information available. AA has a rich history.

In the first edition of Alcoholics Anonymous, and in all other editions, chapter 5, "How It Works," It states, "Rarely have we seen a person fail who has thoroughly followed our path."

What negativity? My meetings are full of hope & change. So are the steps. Working and living the steps has changed me. I have an outgoing happy attitude but before the steps I was shy, self-centered, anxious, & angry.

Be honest & let your outpatient people know what's up. Ffind a program that works for you. Maybe it's just a negative attitude reflected back. Try other meetings, if you need to, but certainly find a program that works. Maybe read some real history of AA before you mislead others.

Best wishes,