View Single Post
Old 01-27-2012, 02:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ajnaT

I am starting to HATE her!

My closest friend, whom I have talked about in my first post, is fast becoming a blight on my life. She called me last night and I let it go to message. She told me she was on her second bottle of vodka and would like my 'exuberant' phone company. I felt like picking up the phone and telling her to call an undertaker instead because I am of no help.

Putting a lid on my drinking has not been an easy task and I have had a few binges since my campaign which I planned, enjoyed productively and didn't bother anybody with. I know she is jealous because she is seeing my positive results in her face all the time.

I don't like her. I loved her once and I will always love her but I do not like her any more. With her ever-increasing intake comes more bile and hatred. She is full of self-loathing and I am quickly becoming the opposite.

She was fun to be with when both of us were drunks but I can't stand to be with her now that I am getting my act together. Her jealousy is becoming corrosive and it occupies my mind everyday.

I know this is passive-aggressive but does anyone have any tips on how to phase out a friendship such as ours? The longer I stay sober, the more I am despising her and the less we have in common. I don't have any other friends and I want to meet new people which will be inevitable soon anyway

I appreciate your opinions.