View Single Post
Old 01-27-2012, 11:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

recovery in action this week

I am holding strong I feel like but it feels as though I am being tested and I'm nearly at the end of my strength.

I have put the friend nonsense to rest and quite a lot of good has come out of my speaking up. More on that later.

I open my email this afternoon (a new email I did not even know my ex mil had) and there's an email from her.

Without thinking I read it. It's a "you said this to me (a year + ago about her enabling her son) and it hurt and I need to let you know that" and then accusations about how I keep my girls from her bc she calls and doesn't get calls back. She does call, and she leaves them long messages and I let them listen to them. If they ask (which they haven't) to talk to her, I'd call for them. They don't ask and I don't feel I have to offer. When they are with their father he can take them to see his parents or call all he likes. He evidently does neither so in her mind it's my job.

I replied and said that I was not a mind reader and if she wanted them to call her, to be direct. I also said that I had just recently seen her with the girls around xmas and if she'd had something to say it would have been a good opportunity to have a mature conversation face to face. And I told her that I have no interest in continuing to communicate about past issues and would prefer she not contact me using my email (that presumably AH gave her). I said that I hope the girls continue to have a r/s with her and wish her well. And then I hit send and blocked her email.

I suppose I ought not have replied but I had a mini relapse I guess?

I don't want to have to keep deflecting crap from crazy people in my life and I feel shaky a bit right now like I don;t know what to expect to be blindsided with next from someone. This is how I felt with AH ALL THE TIME and I haven't felt it in a while until the friend nonsense and now MIL.

I have to run and get DD6 and DD3 but wanted to vent/post and maybe someone can direct me to a good quote/reading/ something that can get me centered again. I already went for a 7 mile run today and wish now I had waited to work out til evening bc I could use the stress relief!