Thread: Whoa!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 01:10 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

It's pretty clear to me we weren't ever friends; I think when I was needy & took her feedback about what wasn't working in my life w out ever saying "actually this is what I THINK" all was well. This all blew up bc I was told what I thought & I finally spoke up & dared to try & create a new dynamic where I was strong enough to speak on my own behalf. This got turned into "obviously" I was fooling myself & lying to others about who I am. And then some family issues were dredged up randomly trying to find some hook that would set me reeling. Instead I stuck to being assertive w out being rude or defending too much & this clearly sent the sender of this message off the deep end.

Not unlike w AH it appears I was useful so long as I served a purpose & made others feel they were superior to me. I don't treat friends as tools to boost myself & clearly was a bad judge of this woman's character.

Just like I finally figured out w AH, the same holds true w this woman & her pal. I'd much prefer to be alone & happy w myself & have to deal w loneliness at times than be w ANYONE (friend or SO) who need to cut me down to feel better about themselves.